Friday, August 24th, 2013.
Raw food revolutionary, Cherie Soria, is the founder and director of Living Light Culinary Institute, and has been teaching the art of gourmet raw foods to individuals, chefs, and instructors for more than 20 years and vegetarian culinary arts for 40 years. Cherie is known as the Mother of Gourmet Raw Vegan Cuisine and the author of four books, including Raw Food Revolution Diet and Raw Food for Dummies. She and her husband, Dan Ladermann also own three other eco-friendly businesses in Northern California, including the Living Light Café.
In 1992, after studying with Dr. Ann Wigmore in Puerto Rico, Cherie learned the principles of using whole, live foods to aid in healing and rejuvenation. She recognized the need to make these simple foods as nurturing to the soul as they are nourishing to the body, and began creating a gourmet cuisine that would rival the most delicious traditional cooked foods. Since then, Cherie has personally trained many of the world’s top raw food chefs, instructors, and raw recipe book authors and is often referred to as the Mother of Gourmet Raw Vegan Cuisine. She has been a popular speaker at many international health events and expos for the past 20 years and at over 65 years young, Cherie is as vibrant and energetic as ever!
Dan Ladermann (Fort Bragg, California and Montezuma, Costa Rica) is co-owner and director of Living Light International as well as president of the Institute for Vibrant Living, a nonprofit organization dedicated to global education about organic raw vegan food and its role in vibrant living. Dan is a Certified Hippocrates Health Educator and raw vegan nutrition instructor at Living Light International.
Dan Ladermann and his wife Cherie Soria travel extensively throughout the world to promote the raw vegan lifestyle, and they’ve received numerous awards and accolades for Living Light International, which is recognized as one of the leading raw food businesses worldwide. Dan and Cherie’s mission is to spread information
Interested in knowing more about raw food? Easy.
Raw Food For Dummies shares reasons for adding more raw food to your diet and life, offers tips on how to do it the healthy way, and includes more than 100 raw and satisfying recipes. Whether you’re interested in incorporating raw foods into an existing meal plan or transitioning to an all-raw lifestyle, Raw Food For Dummies can help.
· The raw facts — discover the nutritional, psychological, and environmental benefits of a raw diet and learn how to combine foods to improve digestion and obtain maximum nutrition
· Going raw 101 — get the 4-1-1 on how to make the transition from life on a traditional diet to a raw (or mostly raw) way of eating, including the equipment and staples you’ll need to have on hand
· Eating raw-some foods — find out how to make raw and nutritious smoothies, soups, salads, appetizers, entrees, snacks, and even desserts
Open the book and find:
· A month-long meal plan to help you ease into the raw life
· More than 100 raw vegan recipes
· Techniques for preparing raw food that’s flavorful and satisfying
· Tips for preparing raw meals that mimic the texture, appearance, and mouthfeel of cooked favorites
· Advice for using high-powered blenders, food processors, and dehydrators
· Ways to connect with local raw communities
· How to keep it raw when traveling, dining out, or on the go
· Live a healthy, balanced, raw food lifestyle
· Add health-promoting raw foods to your diet
· Prepare more than 100 healthy and delicious raw food recipes
· Balance your weight and gain more energy